We are in favour of attempts to waste less, move towards “zero waste” and develop the sharing economy. Beyond using the Library you can support our mission in your own life by making efforts to consume fewer things and waste less. Here are some ideas:
- Share more things with neighbours/ friends/family
- Be more mindful about what you really need to buy .
- Buy second-hand.
- Buy good-quality things from ethical suppliers that will last longer than cheap alternatives.
- Extend the life of your things by repairing them. If you don’t know how come along to one of our repair cafes and learn or have it done for you.
- Don’t throw away your unwanted things if they could be reused or repurposed (try selling them, giving to us or to charity shops, or putting them on Freecycle).
- You might encourage your workplace or other organisations you’re involved with to adopt some of these ideas as well.
A Library of Things.
Want to hear more about of our amazing community?
Sign up below to receive our newsletter & receive updates.