Lead Volunteer at SHARE – A Library of Things
Exciting new opportunity at SHARE – A Library of Things, a place for people to borrow objects, share skills and connect with others, in a welcoming and fun environment.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for people who would be happy to run the shop floor of SHARE one day a week, providing support for the Shop Managers.
This position will provide a fantastic experience in retail and customer service, as well as being part of an exciting community project. If you are interested in a retail career, want to have a unique opportunity and gain some experience in retail management this could be just for you.
- Opening and closing the shop
- Cashing up at the end of the day
- Co-ordinating the day’s volunteers
- Helping to make the shop a friendly and welcoming place
- Displaying items in the shop in an attractive, customer friendly way
- Interacting with customers
- Operating the till
- Retail experience desirable, although full training is provided
- Enjoy interacting with people and like working as part of a team
- An eye for detail
- Good organisational skills
- Have a good sense of working in a shop and/or creativity to think of new ways to do things.
We ask lead volunteers to commit to one day a week between the hours of 10-4pm
To find out more about this role, please pop into the shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org