Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Get in touch!
+ Support Us
As well as the most obvious thing of becoming a member (Subscriber membership is the best way to support us) and borrowing from us, there are a few other things you can to support us:
- You can volunteer with us, whether that’s in the shop or at one of our repair cafes.
- You can donate money or items.
- Sign up for our newsletter.
- Spread the word about us and encourage others to sign up! Share us on social media and tell people about your borrowing experience.
We are in favour of attempts to waste less, move towards “zero waste” and develop the sharing economy. Beyond using the Library you can support our mission in your own life by making efforts to consume fewer things and waste less. Here are some ideas:
- Share more things with neighbours/ friends/family
- Be more mindful about what you really need to buy .
- Buy second-hand.
- Buy good-quality things from ethical suppliers that will last longer than cheap alternatives.
- Extend the life of your things by repairing them. If you don’t know how come along to one of our repair cafes and learn or have it done for you.
- Don’t throw away your unwanted things if they could be reused or repurposed (try selling them, giving to us or to charity shops, or putting them on Freecycle).
- You might encourage your workplace or other organisations you’re involved with to adopt some of these ideas as well.