Assistant Manager Role
Apply by 8th March 2021
We are very excited to announce that we are on the look out for an assistant manager to join our team at SHARE:Frome! We are currently in the process of growing to become an independent charity. In order to do this, we require an assistant manager to help us in this expansion.
We were very successful in the year of 2019 and early 2020, saving around 22 tonnes of landfill waste, 199 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions, and 254 tonnes of raw materials. Like many other small businesses, the pandemic was a big knock back to our progress, but despite this, we were able to open in Summer 2020 with a strong comeback. We were sad to close again in January, but we can’t wait to get going again in early Spring. We hope that we can start to make similar and better impacts to the environment and community with the help of a new member of the team.
Introduction to SHARE
SHARE:Frome is a Library of Things based in Frome, Somerset. We offer a grand array of ‘things’ for borrowing, such as DIY and gardening tools, hobby items, party particulars, kitchen gizmos, camping gear, the list goes on. For an affordable cost, members sign up and borrow items for as long as they need before returning it for someone else to borrow.
We care passionately about delivering environmental, economical and social impacts. By shifting behaviours from individual consumption and ownership to those based on borrowing and sharing we reduce waste, reduce pollution, save people money, save them space in their own homes and cultivate community.
SHARE:Frome has been in operation almost 6 years and will be the first of many Libraries of Things to operate within a federated charity structure headed up by SHARE:UK.
We have operated as part of Edventure:Frome Community Interest Company since our inception as the UK’s first high street sharing shop in 2015. We are now spinning out to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) operating within a federated charity structure under a national CIO.
This position will be a permanent contract and initially will be employed by Edventure Frome CIC. This will change once SHARE becomes an independent CIO.
Salary & Hours
10 hours per week @ the Real Living Wage of £9.50p/h. Spread over 2 week days (10am-2:15pm on any 2 of our open days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, plus an hour and half meeting once a week with manager)
We are looking for somebody who has as desirable the following:
- Retail experience.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience of working as part of a team and managing volunteers.
- Excellent project management skills (organisational, planning, budget and time management).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships.
- An ability to manage time and workload in order to be able to deal with tasks swiftly and effectively.
- A professional and courteous manner.
- A flexible approach to working weekends and evenings to coincide with events or meetings.
- Ability to use initiative and to be self-motivated.
- Decisive, logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Hands on and practical approach.
Duties will include:
- Opening and closing of the library, customer facing, answering phone calls and emails and managing social media.
- Administering MyTurn, our library computer system.
- Coordination of volunteers, including recruiting and training new volunteers, as well as our Kickstarter assistant who will be joining the team in Spring 2021.
- Cleaning to help create a covid-safe environment
- Library organisation & improvement works
Applications are now open and close Monday 8th March 2021. If you are interested, please contact [email protected] ASAP, providing a CV and a cover letter.
We will be in contact with you to carry out an online interview. Job to start ASAP thereafter (Covid restrictions may affect the start date).
Clare is the new manager at SHARE:Frome. She studied a photography degree and is now looking into ways that we can reduce our impact on the environment as a community. She loves cooking vegan food, travelling, singing/songwriting and being outdoors.