SHARE:Frome Assistant Manager
Apply by 25th February 2022
INTRODUCTION TO SHARE
SHARE:Frome is a Library of Things based in Frome, Somerset. We offer a grand array of ‘things’ for borrowing, such as DIY and gardening tools, hobby items, party particulars, kitchen gizmos, camping gear, the list goes on. For an affordable cost, members sign up and borrow items for as long as they need before returning it for someone else to borrow.
We care passionately about delivering environmental, economical and social impacts. By shifting behaviours from individual consumption and ownership to those based on borrowing and sharing we reduce waste, reduce pollution, save people money, save them space in their own homes and cultivate community.
SHARE:Frome has been in operation for almost 7 years and will be the first of many Libraries of Things to operate within a federated charity structure headed up by SHARE:UK.
We have operated as part of Edventure:Frome Community Interest Company since our inception as the UK’s first high street sharing shop in 2015. We are now spinning out to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) operating within a federated charity structure under a national CIO.
SHARE:Frome is expanding to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. In order to do this we require an Assistant Manager to help with the general running of the shop so that the current management can work on the process of expanding.
Type of contract: Permanent
Line Manager: Clare Krige, SHARE Manager
Salary & Hours: 10 hours per week @ £9.50p/h. Spread over 2 week days (10am-2:15pm on any 2 of our open days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday plus 1.5 hours meeting with manager) We also require capacity and flexibility for covering the manager’s shifts, when they take sick or annual leave.
Duties will include:
- Opening and closing of the library, customer facing, answering phone calls and emails.
- Administering MyTurn, our library computer system.
- Coordination of volunteers, including recruiting and training new volunteers, as well as our Kickstarter assistant who will be joining the team in Spring 2022.
- Cleaning to help create a covid-safe environment.
- Library organisation & improvement works.
Person Specification: We are looking for somebody who has as desirable the following:
- Retail experience.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience of working as part of a team and managing volunteers.
- Excellent project management skills (organisational, planning, budget and time management).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships.
- An ability to manage time and workload in order to be able to deal with tasks swiftly and effectively.
- A professional and courteous manner.
- A flexible approach to working weekends and evenings to coincide with events or meetings.
- Ability to use initiative and to be self-motivated.
- Decisive, logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Hands on and practical approach.
Applications close on the 25th February 2022. If you are interested, please contact [email protected] ASAP, providing a CV and a cover letter.
We will be in contact with you to carry out an online interview week commencing 28th February. Job to start ASAP thereafter.
Assistant Manager for SHARE:Frome